This southern slow cooked gumbo is a delicacy around our house!
Crock Pot Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
- 4 cups (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 package gumbo mix (not Zatarain’s with rice, just a good base! OR make your own roux)
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds chicken breast or tenderloins, uncooked
- 12 oz. andouille sausage
- 1 whole chopped onion
- 2 chopped bell peppers
- 2-4 stalks chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gumbo file
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 oz. frozen okra
- 16 oz. frozen raw, deveined shrimp (thaw overnight in fridge)
1) Add broth and gumbo mix to slow cooker.
2) Slice chicken and sausage as desired. Simmer in skillet until chicken is cooked.
3) Meanwhile, chop vegetables. Add onion, bell peppers, celery, garlic, file, parsley and black pepper to slow cooker.
4) Add sausage, chicken and any drippings to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours:
5) At the 3 hour mark, check thickness of gumbo. Add 1 cup of water if needed.
6) At the 4 hour mark, add frozen okra.
7) At the 5 hour mark, add thawed shrimp.
8) At the 6 hour mark, serve over rice and enjoy!
Read more: http://notecook.com/soup/crock-pot-chicken-sausage-and-shrimp-gumbo/#ixzz20JTKIafb
Until next time,
For this and more “Lab Rat Recipes”, check out LabRatMama.weebly.com!
Read more: http://notecook.com/soup/crock-pot-chicken-sausage-and-shrimp-gumbo/#ixzz20JTUsAGv
Copyright © 2013 - heatherlynn1022.ExpertsColumn.Com · All Rights Reserved | Powered by: ExpertsColumn.com